Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for an Architect – Quality Engineering to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Provide technical quality engineering leadership & expertise to multiple engineering teams.
- Play a key role in evangelizing a full-stack quality engineering philosophy within the organization, uplifting standards in test automation, performance engineering, security testing and overall testing processes.
- Responsible for selection of test strategy for projects and providing guidance and recommendations to teams on achieving the optimum testability (Test Automation, Performance Engineering & Security Testing).
- Provide technical QE direction to Quality Engineers in adherence to coding, quality, functionality, performance, scalability and on-time delivery standards.
- Support QE teams in test estimations, planning, test design, reporting and matrices in order to achieve quality in deliveries.
- On a regular basis, ability to review test scenarios and automated test scripts and provide guidance for continuous improvement.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends in quality engineering, while supporting the organization in evaluating suitable strategies and steer feasibility study initiatives.
- Train and mentor Quality Engineers to uplift standards and to bring testing productivity into test strategies.
- Drive tool selection and oversee the development of test infrastructure across projects.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Product, Project Management, and UI/UX teams to review on requirements, architecture and designs to ensure comprehensive testability can be achieved.
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of Quality Engineers.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification and 10+ years of industry experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in playing a similar role and having experience in handling multiple projects and clients in diversified technology spectrums.
- Strong knowledge in quality engineering practices and processes.
- Expert knowledge of agile software testing practices, test design techniques and test reporting
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment, and strong knowledge in software engineering concepts.
- Experience in solving software test automation challenges using a pragmatic approach.
- Experience in building web and mobile test automation frameworks using open source tools such as Selenium and Appium.
- Experience in testing middle tier and service oriented architectures using tools such as Rest-Assured or SoapUI.
- Strong knowledge of Java, OOP concepts, coding standards and improving code quality.
- Expertise in backend or API performance testing.
- Expertise in performance testing tools such as JMeter.
- Experience in testing large scale enterprise services, or performance / scale / stress tests.
- Experience in working with continuous integration / delivery, build and source control tools such as Jenkins, Maven and GIT.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional certifications such as ISTQB, PMI-ACP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) would be an added advantage.
- Thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.