Sysco Labs is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s longstanding commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco Labs leverages customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem — from farm to table to check. Sysco Labs’ innovations will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco Labs’ mission is to enhance the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
We are currently on the lookout for an Architect – Quality Engineering to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical quality engineering leadership & expertise to multiple engineering teams.
- Playing a key role in evangelizing a full-stack quality engineering philosophy within the organization, uplifting standards in test automation, performance engineering, security testing and overall testing processes.
- Being responsible for the selection of test strategy for projects, and providing guidance and recommendations to teams on achieving optimum testability (Test Automation, Performance Engineering & Security Testing).
- Providing technical QE direction to Quality Engineers in adherence to coding, quality, functionality, performance, scalability and on-time delivery standards.
- Supporting QE teams in test estimations, planning, test design, reporting and matrices in order to achieve quality in deliveries.
- On a regular basis, reviewing test scenarios and automated test scripts and providing guidance for continuous improvement.
- Staying up to date with emerging trends in quality engineering, while supporting the organization in evaluating suitable strategies, and steering feasibility study initiatives.
- Training and mentoring Quality Engineers to uplift standards and to bring testing productivity into test strategies.
- Driving tool selection and overseeing the development of test infrastructure across projects.
- Working collaboratively with Engineering, Product, Project Management, and UI/UX teams to review requirements, architecture and designs to ensure comprehensive testability can be achieved.
- Mentoring, coaching and leading a team of Quality Engineers.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification and 10+ years of industry experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role and experience in handling multiple projects and clients in diversified technology spectrums.
- Strong knowledge in quality engineering practices and processes.
- Expert knowledge of agile software testing practices, test design techniques, and test reporting.
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment, and strong knowledge in software engineering concepts.
- Experience in solving software test automation challenges in a pragmatic approach.
- Experience in building web and mobile test automation frameworks using open source tools such as Selenium and Appium.
- Experience in testing middle tier and service oriented architectures using tools such as Rest-Assured or SoapUI.
- Strong knowledge of Java, OOP concepts, coding standards and improving code quality.
- Expertise in back-end or API performance testing.
- Expertise in performance testing tools such as JMeter.
- Experience in testing large scale enterprise services or performance / scale / stress tests.
- Experience in working with continuous integration / delivery and building and sourcing control tools such as Jenkins, Maven and GIT.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional certifications such as ISTQB, PMI-ACP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) would be an added advantage.
- Thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge.
Why you should join Sysco Labs:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft-skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.