Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for an Associate Engineer/Engineer – Cloud Services to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Providing solutions by determining engineering requirements, configuring and administrating development tools such as Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Single Sign-On, Docker Hub, GitHub, and Archiva – Maven repository in a high availability environment.
- Working closely with product, engineering, quality and other teams, and providing technical expertise to ensure their requirements are met and issues resolved.
- Meeting cost standards by preparing cost-benefit analysis.
- Maintaining project team accomplishments by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, obtaining expert input, and reviewing open issues and action items.
- Working with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate and maintain secure, auto-scalable, highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Building a continuous delivery/deployment pipeline including infrastructure and environment provisioning, and deployment and monitoring tools that will support, enhance and grow an advanced DevOps model for Sysco LABS.
What you will need to apply for this position:
- Knowledge on administering JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, GitHub, Docker Hub, and the Maven repository.
- AWS certification along with a solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, EC2, KMS, IAM, Config, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others.
- Knowledge on CI/ CD automation, and development through Jenkins, Chef.
- Excellent knowledge and technical troubleshooting skills on Linux.
- Basic Knowledge in monitoring tools like Munin, Cacti, DB – Cacti, Grafana, Zenoss and Nagios.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices, participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations, and reading professional publications.
- Basic knowledge on Salesforce CRM.
- Ability to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash and Perl, and automation tools such as Chef and Ansible.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities – able to convey risk to all levels of the business – from executives, to operations and development teams.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.