Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
What you will be responsible for:
- Design and development ofenterprise solutions for one of the worlds largest corporations involved in marketing and distributing food products.
- Implementing distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhering to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of Ensuring high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle – from development, QA, deployment, to post-production support.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications and in managing teams.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of Java Enterprise patterns, integration patterns, and enterprise engineering best practices.
- Experience writing test driven code for both server and client applications.
- Experience in working with middleware frameworks like J2EE/JEE, Spring or Play! Framework environments.
- Experience with multi-view, routed single page JS applications.
- Extensive experience in SQL, performance tuning of SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and softskills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.