Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for an Associate Technical Lead to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- The design and development ofenterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Working and managing tight knit agile teams developing robust mobile, web and enterprise solutions.
- Implement distributed and highly robust enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle – from development, QA, deployment, to post-production support.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and3-4 years of experience developing production enterprise applications and in managing teams.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- In depth understanding of the technology stack, e.g. HTTP, browser/JS engine architecture, relational and NoSQL databases, Linux, containers/virtual machines.
- Familiarity with mobile application development will be an advantage (iOS and/or Android).
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and softskills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success.