Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston, TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, and the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Software Engineering at Sysco LABS is driven by innovation and a strong proclivity towards engineering excellence, employing cutting-edge technology to design and build the technologies that are poised to change the face of the global foodservice industry.
We are currently on the lookout for an Enterprise Architect to work with Sysco LABS’ Enterprise Architecture Group. The ideal candidate must be able to define and establish the governance of Enterprise Architecture principles, methods, techniques and standards in information technology at Sysco LABS. The candidate should possess effective communication skills, stakeholder management skills and have the ability lead change.
- Defining and establishing the governance of Enterprise Architecture principles, methods, techniques and standards in information technology at Sysco LABS.
- Researching, analyzing, and evaluating service delivery methods and techniques.
- Identifying and evaluating platforms and technologies to solve enterprise needs and challenges
- Systems architecture, systems design, implementation and ongoing administration, including translating business needs into Enterprise application requirements.
- Performing Build vs. Buy decisions, Vendor and Security evaluations, Roadmaps etc.
- Integration patterns and techniques including RESTful web services, Microservices, SaaS solutions.
- Providing technical leadership to Sysco LABS R&D initiatives.
- A degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- 12+ years of overall work experience in an enterprise setting or serving large enterprise clients.
- 3+ years of leadership responsibility in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Proven hands-on capabilities in designing, developing, maintaining, troubleshooting and refactoring complex, large scale mission critical systems for international clients.
- On-site client visits linked experience and expertise in working with international teams and clients is required.
- Proven capabilities in estimation, risk assessment and tracking of complex technical tasks and delivering on time and with quality.
- Excellent communication, leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Data warehousing, Visualization, data governance, Master data management etc. will be an added advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.