Sysco Labs is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s longstanding commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco Labs leverages customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem — from farm to table to check. Sysco Labs’ innovations will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco Labs’ mission is to enhance the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
An Implementation Engineer is a contributing member of the Sysco Labs implementation team responsible for building and supporting service/microservice integration, deployment, delivery and monitoring capabilities for delivering customer-facing solutions in AWS cloud. We are looking for smart and enthusiastic technologists to design, build, support and grow in-house tools. You will be focusing on continuous integration and continuous deployment in the fast-changing world of software delivery.
- Build a continuous delivery/deployment pipeline including infrastructure and environment provisioning, deployment and monitoring tools that will support, enhance, grow and advance the DevOps model for Sysco Labs.
- Work with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate and maintain secure, auto-scalable, highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Docker, AWS OpsWork, Cloud Formation for DevOps operations on AWS.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
- Improve our knowledge base and provide thought leadership in deployment automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring, automated scaling and building reliable services.
You will need:
- 1+ year of proven DevOps experience deploying and maintaining global multi-tiered infrastructure and web applications
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment
- Good understanding of continuous delivery and release management practices
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills on Linux
- Understanding of principles, methods, technology, tools and standards for AWS management, including monitoring and development
- Ability to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash and Perl
Why you should join Sysco Labs:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.