Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston, TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
At Sysco LABS, Agile is a part of the organizational fabric and permeates our culture at every level. As we’ve scaled in size, process implementation has become vital to our overall growth and we continue to implement change initiatives and evolving as an Agile organization.
We are currently on the lookout for an Intern to join our Project Management team. The ideal candidate must be able work closely with Project Managers to execute projects flawlessly and to manage project environments.
The candidate should also possess basic project management knowledge and the curiosity to acquire domain and technical knowledge rapidly, together with effective communication skills, stakeholder management skills and the ability lead change.
- Liaise with Project Managers to execute projects flawlessly and manage project environments.
- Compile documentation including miscellaneous status reports and provide timely updates to stakeholders.
- Set up and mange calendar invites/meetings, taking down meeting minutes and maintaining status on deliverables.
- Prepare and maintain project schedules in liaison with the project managers.
- Liaise with Project Managers to develop technically feasible project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Follow up on project tasks and actions as relevant.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure a daily status is communicated to management and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and organize team events together with the Project Management team.
- Following a bachelor’s Degree in IT/Business Management/Project Management.
- Strong inter-personal and multi-tasking skills, with attention to detail.
- Curiosity and the ability to acquire domain and technical knowledge rapidly.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills with a pro-active and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in written and spoken English.
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- A flexible, diverse, and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.