Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s longstanding commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS leverages customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem — from farm to table to check. Sysco LABS’ innovations will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to enhance the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Manager – Implementation is responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Sysco LABS implementation team who are responsible for building and supporting: service/micro service integration, deployment, delivery, and technical support for solutions in AWS cloud. We are looking for a smart, experienced and enthusiastic technologist cum manager to lead, design, build, support and grow our AWS profile, deployments and tools. You will be leading a team of implementation, deployment and security specialists.
What you will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership, manage and coordinate a team of implementation, deployment and security specialists responsible for service integration, deployment, delivery and technical support for solutions in AWS cloud.
- Lead and collaborate with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate and maintain secure, auto-scalable, highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Lead efforts to build continuous delivery/deployment pipeline including infrastructure and environment provisioning, deployment and monitoring tools that will support, enhance and grow an advance DevOps model for Sysco LABS.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Docker, AWS OpsWork, and Cloud Formation for DevOps operations on AWS.
- Lead and coordinate efforts to design and develop reusable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
- Improve our knowledge base and provide thought leadership in deployment automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring, automated scaling, building reliable services.
- Mentor and develop your teams’ skills, knowledge and capabilities to stay up-to-date on technology and trends affecting the implementation sphere.
- Manage a team of highly skilled engineers in aligning their career goals with company objectives.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- 3+ years of proven management experience in a DevOps environment in deploying and maintaining global multi-tiered infrastructure and web applications.
- Overall 5+ years of technical experience working with Cloud technologies, DevOps, deployments, implementation and technical support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- Excellent understanding of continuous delivery and release management practices.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills on Linux.
- Very good understanding of principles, methods, technology, tools and standards for AWS management, monitoring and development.
- Background to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash and Perl.
- Very good skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Highly motivated/driven individual who strives for excellence, accountability and attention to detail.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high calibre individuals across the organization in a rapidly evolving technology stack.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.