Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in the marketing, selling and distributing of food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates, and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – from the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, to the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Marketing at Sysco LABS is a subtle science and leverages branding and communications to influence, impact and transform perceptions, both within and outside the organization. The marketing team works on projects from employer branding, to internal communications, to shaping company culture, and employ a combination of unbridled creativity and informed risk-taking to reimagine perceptions that not only help shape the brand, but also the way we work.
You, as a marketing intern will be a part of a team that values integrity, originality, and the vision and capacity to see things through. If you take pride in your work as a creative individual and are looking to learn and grow, both as a person and a professional, while also bringing in your own distinctive capabilities to the team, we’d like to know you better.
- Design and develop both written and visual content for the Sysco LABS blog and all our social media.
- Assist with content dissemination on Sysco LABS’ presence across multiple online platforms.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of successful marketing campaigns, from ideation to execution.
- Assist with the managing of Sysco LABS and third-party events end-to-end as well as all online and offline brand building initiatives.
- Work with third party vendors to develop marketing material.
- Assist with the tracking and reporting of KPIs for all marketing campaigns.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized foreign or local university (marketing/design would be a plus, but not a necessity).
- Experience in photography, designing and video editing. A great eye for design (layouts, typography, colors) is a must.
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop. A working knowledge of any/all other tools from the Adobe Creative Suite would be a plus.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Attention to detail, multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to follow-up on tasks and drive through to completion.
- Passion, initiative, and the hunger to succeed.
- Pride in creative work, and the self-motivation and vision to see projects through.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.