Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently looking out for a Menu Consultant who will act as a team lead and ensure timely delivery of POS menus for restaurants in both the US and Sri Lanka and adhere to the SLA’s for the team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Perform all duties of a Menu Specialist.
- Act as a backup for the Manager Menu Consulting and attend meetings with the relevant product/technical team members to discuss product enhancements.
- Manage the day to day workflow on the SalesForce platform and assign cases back to the U.S. after quality check.
- Raise relevant tickets using our in-house tools in consultation with the Manager Menu Consulting and assign them to the engineering team for investigation.
- Generate weekly POS menu reports and upload onto the designated wiki page, and log issues to discuss with Director Operations at the weekly operations meeting.
- Coordinate the training needs of the team and organize refresher training for team members in collaboration with the Manager Menu Consulting.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Degree from a recognized foreign or local university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in American English.
- Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of food, cuisine types, alcohol and wine.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving, collaboration and deductive reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage individual tasks with minimum supervision.
- Confidentiality when dealing with issues related to staff performance and management.
- Knowledge of SalesForce will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high calibre individuals across the organization in a rapidly evolving technology stack.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.