Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Menu Specialist to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- The Menu Specialist will work collaboratively with the menu team in Sri Lanka and the US on menu design, workflow and digitization for the POS (Point of Sale).
- The Menu Specialist will coordinate handover of completed menus to the Manager Menu Consulting to ensure high quality menus for the POS.
- Guest Manager Floor Maps.
- Contribute to the current restaurant menu templates.
- Actively contributing and participating in team building and menu team activities.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Degree from a recognized foreign or local university or currently pursuing a degree.
- Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Above average knowledge on food, cuisine types, alcohol and wine.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in American English.
- Ability to work independently and manage individual tasks.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high calibre individuals across the organization in a rapidly evolving technology stack.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.