Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates, and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston, TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – from the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, to the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Our mission at Sysco LABS is to re-imagine the global foodservice industry, and the CAKE POS for restaurants is at the forefront of this mission. As a Menu Specialist for CAKE, one will work collaboratively with the menu team in Sri Lanka and the US on menu design, workflow and digitization for the POS. The keys for success in this role are excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with above average knowledge on food, cuisine types, alcohol and wine.
- Work collaboratively with the menu team in Sri Lanka and the US on menu design, workflow and digitization for the POS (Point of Sale).
- Coordinate hand-over of completed menus to the Manager – Menu Consulting to ensure high quality menus for the POS.
- Create Floor Maps for Guest Manager (our reservations application).
- Contribute to the current restaurant menu templates.
- Actively contribute and participate in team building and menu team activities.
- Degree from a recognized foreign or local university, or currently pursuing a degree.
- Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Above average knowledge on food, cuisine types, alcohol and wine.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in American English.
- Ability to work independently and manage individual tasks.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high calibre individuals across the organization in a rapidly evolving technology stack.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.