Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston, TX, will help drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, and the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Sysco LABS’ Application Support Team ensures continued operations of its product installations at our customer sites, while also working in conjunction with our U.S. team to rapidly respond to any query or concern raised by customers, ranging from simple configuration issues to complex engineering problems, constantly helping reimagine and reinvent the experience of thousands of business owners in the United States.
We are currently on the lookout for an Operations Engineer to join the Applications Support team at Sysco LABS. You will aid the customer support team located in the U.S with technical queries, and proactively engage and coordinate with our customers by helping them resolve technical issues, ensuring that a high quality of support is provided at all times.
- Providing frontline support through the troubleshooting of technical issues.
- Identifying, researching, and resolving complex application, network, platform and cloud-based connectivity issues.
- Ensuring that merchant systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored in a timely manner.
- Engaging and coordinating client, upper-support levels and engineering levels during the issue resolution process.
- Upgrades and new deployments.
- Liaising with merchants directly regarding technical difficulties and training.
- Monitoring and proactively managing application issues. Escalating platform issues to relevant internal parties.
- Working on a roster covering 24/7 support to our customers.
- A degree in Information Technology.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Experience in ‘Application Support’ will be a key advantage.
- Knowledge and experience on the UNIX platform (Linux) and network troubleshooting is a key advantage.
- Knowledge of MySQL; the ability to write and execute queries and understand database principles will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Shell or Perl scripting will be an added advantage.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills who can handle pressure situations.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.