Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in the marketing, selling and distribution of food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston, TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, and the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Quality Engineering at Sysco LABS is a continually evolving practice that pushes QE boundaries through constant innovation of QE tools and processes, and a holistic approach that engages the quality engineer at every level of the development process, resulting in a more synergistic, cohesive team effort, and a vastly superior end-product.
We are currently on the lookout for a Quality Engineer who has experience in database testing for SQL and No-SQL database solutions. You need to have an in-depth knowledge and practical application of query languages, best practices and use of effective tools and technologies for ETL and DB testing. Effective communication skills are crucial for this position.
- Contribute towards the defining of test strategies and test planning.
- Perform test design and the development of test scenarios.
- Contribute towards the development of automation scripts.
- Configure and maintain test environments and continuous integration.
- Perform test execution, analyze test results and communicate test results to stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in software testing.
- Hands-on experience in SQL / No-SQL database testing concepts.
- Hands-on experience in working with large volumes of data and distributed processing frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge in software testing processes, practices and test design techniques.
- Solid Knowledge in Java, OOP concepts and coding standards.
- A solid practical understanding of Agile software testing and software engineering concepts.
- Hands-on experience in Exploratory testing.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge.
- Experience in test automation using open source tools such as Selenium and Appium would be an added advantage.
- Testing and Agile related certifications would be an added advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.