Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston, TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – from the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, to the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Quality Engineering at Sysco LABS is a continually evolving practice that pushes QE boundaries through constant innovation of QE tools and processes, and a holistic approach that engages the quality engineer at every level of the development process, that translates to a more synergistic, cohesive team effort and a vastly superior end-product.
We are currently on the lookout for a Quality Engineering Lead / Senior Quality Engineering Lead for one of our key business applications. The ideal candidate must ensure to apply relevant processes and best practices and use effective tools and technologies. The candidate should possess effective communication skills, stakeholder management skills, and have the ability to mentor Quality Engineers.
- Lead efforts in defining test strategies, test planning and reviews.
- Play a key role in evangelizing the quality engineering philosophy of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams to enable quality from project kick-off onwards.
- Oversee quality engineering standards and best practices within teams.
- Provide technical guidance in test-automation & performance engineering, while improving productivity in testing.
- Overlook and manage test execution and communicate test statuses and matrices to stakeholders.
- Mentor, train and lead a team of Quality Engineers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification, and 7+ years of industry experience.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge in quality engineering practices and processes.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps, agile software testing practices, test design techniques and test reporting.
- Experience working with Agile / Scrum and a strong knowledge in software engineering concepts.
- Experience in solving software test automation challenges using a pragmatic approach.
- Experience in building web and mobile test automation frameworks using open source tools such as Selenium and Appium.
- Experience in testing middle tier and service-oriented architectures using tools such as Rest-Assured or SoapUI.
- Sound knowledge of Java, OOP concepts, coding standards and improving code quality.
- Experience in working with continuous integration, build and source control tools such as Jenkins, Maven and GIT.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional certifications such as ISTQB, PMI-ACP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) would be an added advantage.
- Thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.