Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Associate – People Operations to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Perform a HR generalist role across all spheres inclusive of recruitment, learning and development, HRIS, leave and attendance.
- Liaise with divisional/technical supervisors and heads and assist in tasks related to onboarding, offboarding, performance appraisals, and general HR.
- Take responsibility for ensuring a high level of quality in HR services to internal stakeholders.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Be responsible for all HR system records maintenance including the updating of databases, and related queries.
- Manage reporting requirements linked to attrition, head count, leave and attendance etc.
- Formulate strategic initiatives to retain and attract high caliber resources.
- Develop new policies and procedures as applicable, and recommend improvements.
- Support employees through the employee life cycle.
- Provide input in the development of department goals, objectives and systems.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- First degree from a recognized local or foreign university or an equivalent qualification.
- 3-5 years’ related experience at a leading Sri Lankan software company or blue-chip corporation.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office packages.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Good multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent team player.
- An understanding of HR requirements for the software industry and industry contacts will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package.
- Fast career growth and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.