Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, and the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
At Sysco LABS, Agile is a part of the organizational fabric and permeates our culture at every level. As we’ve scaled in size, process implementation has become vital to our overall growth and we continue to implement change initiatives and evolving as an Agile organization.
We are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Senior Associate – Process with a deep understanding of agile delivery to collaborate, lead change, and inspire teams towards delivery excellence within an agile environment at Sysco LABS.
- Help teams to “be more agile” by being an advocate for Agile and DevOps.
- Directly work with Senior Manager – Process to define, design and implement an organization wide Agile improvements strategy.
- Help teams adhere to basic Agile practices by performing periodic checks based on assessing Agile maturity and publishing the same to measure improvement over time.
- Facilitate Agile teams to improve on their level of Agile maturity.
- Observe Agile teams to identify coaching/training needs for continuous improvement of individuals and teams on a regular basis.
- Help implement initiatives for process improvements while coordinating with multiple divisions and teams.
- Execute training programs on Agile improvements across the organization.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification and 5+ years of industry experience in development and project management.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role or Scrum master role.
- 3+ years of work experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience in communicating, planning, effecting change and thorough knowledge in Agile methodologies and practices (eg; Scrum, Kanban).
- Exposure to CMMi, ISO 9001/27001, ITIL process frameworks would also be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and testing principles, and high analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Hands on experience in JIRA.
- Professional certifications such as PMI-ACP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) would be an added advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and softskills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition, and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse, and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.