Sysco Labs is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s longstanding commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco Labs leverages customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem — from farm to table to check. Sysco Labs’ innovations will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco Labs’ mission is to enhance the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Director/ Director- Delivery to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Providing overall technical delivery leadership to multiple teams across the organization.
- Driving the adoption of best in class technical delivery practices.
- Translating business strategy into actionable items and working with stakeholders to ensure key business outcomes are met.
- Working with offshore and onshore business and technical teams to ensure strict quality standards are maintained and software is delivered on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to promote ideas and proposals persuasively; shaping stakeholder opinions and projecting a positive image of delivery services to clients and partners.
- Working through conflicts and negotiating lasting solutions to develop positive relationships.
- Mentoring and guiding teams from different disciplines to ensure continuous improvement, and fostering a culture of excellence.
- Introducing best practices across multiple disciplines like Software Development, Quality, Project Management etc.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a related field, together with a Master’s degree or MBA.
- Scrum Master certification or a PMP qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the IT industry with at least 7 years’ experience in a senior leadership role.
- Expert knowledge of Agile techniques and proven expertise with SCRUM; familiarity with other Project Management methodologies is a plus.
- A track record of delivering large projects of varying complexity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with continuous flux.
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively drive results and improve productivity, while increasing team morale.
- Willingness to travel to multiple locations in the US at short notice.
Why you should join Sysco Labs:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.