Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Engineer – Cloud Services to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Driving the building of continuous delivery/deployment pipelines including infrastructure and environment provisioning, deployment, and monitoring tools that will support, enhance, and grow an advanced DevOps model for Sysco LABS.
- Working with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate and maintain secure, auto-scalable, highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Chef, AWS OpsWork, Cloud Formation, and Beanstalk for DevOps operations on AWS.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restoring, etc.
- Improve our knowledge base and provide thought leadership in deployment automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring, automated scaling, and building reliable services.
- Ensure the security of all Sysco LABS’ cloud infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations.
- Automation and scripting via Powershell, Python, Ansible, Bash or Chef.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- 4+ years of proven DevOps experience deploying and maintaining global multi-tiered infrastructure and web applications.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- A good understanding of continuous delivery and release management practices.
- Excellent knowledge and technical troubleshooting skills on Linux.
- AWS certification, along with a solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, EC2, IAM, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and others.
- The ability to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash and Perl, and automation tools such as Chef and Ansible.
- Knowledge on networking in large corporate infrastructure and setting up multitier architecture.
- Knowledge on Middle tier applications including all Web servers such as Nginx, Rabbit, Redis, and Mem-cache.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities – able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives to operations and development teams.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.