Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- The design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Implement distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 2-4 years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- A strong programming and software engineering background (java is preferred).
- Strong knowledge on required building blocks for Microservice based architectures such as API gateways, API lifecycle management, authentication, configuration management etc.
- Strong knowledge about enterprise integration patterns that covers synchronous and asynchronous integrations.
- Hands on experience in AWS cloud computing infrastructure.
- Experience designing application architectures that are robust, scalable and high performance.
- Experience in an agile environment and aligning Pod members on technical vision and path to implementation.
- A strong desire to continue to grow your skillset.
- Strong communication skills that is influential and convincing.
- The knowledge and desire to work on Open Source/Commercial API management platforms such as WSO2, Kong, AWS will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.