Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Software Engineering at Sysco LABS is driven by innovation and a strong proclivity towards engineering excellence, employing cutting-edge technology to design and build the technologies that are poised to change the face of the global foodservice industry.
- Design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Implementing distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhering to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensuring high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhering to DevOps principles and being involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 2- 4 years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- Excellent understanding of Java Enterprise patterns, integration patterns and enterprise engineering best practices.
- Experience in writing test driven code for both front-end applications and back-end services.
- Experience with multi-view, routed, single page JS applications.
- Extensive experience in SQL, performance tuning of SQL, and RDBMS technologies.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers will be an added advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.