Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
Software Engineering at Sysco LABS is driven by innovation and a strong proclivity towards engineering excellence, employing cutting-edge technology to design and build the technologies that are poised to change the face of the global foodservice industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a highly competent, self-motivated Senior Technical Lead with a deep understanding of enterprise grade products and solutions to collaborate with, lead, and inspire engineering teams within an Agile delivery environment at Sysco LABS.
- Design and development of enterprise grade, mission critical products and solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations.
- Producing high quality, high stability code and designs by following software engineering best practices.
- Leading teams, reviewing designs and code, grooming engineers and helping them deliver on time and with quality.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from requirements analysis, design, development, QA, deployment, and troubleshooting, to post-production support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and7+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications and in managing teams.
- Proven experience in designing, developing and maintaining large scale, mission critical production systems.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS will be an added advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and softskills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success