Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the look-out for a Software Architect to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into software design.
- Drive teams and ensure the overall integrity of the software design, and validate it against the system architecture.
- Actively participate in business value assessment and business requirements elaboration phases.
- Actively participate in the design and development phases to ensure successful delivery of all Sysco Innovations projects.
- Build a strong relationship across the Sysco hierarchy and mentor US and SL based team members; identify new opportunities to increase efficiencies and drive growth.
- Build the technical capabilities of the engineering team.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- A minimum of ten years of work experience with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Proven capabilities in designing, developing, maintaining, troubleshooting and refactoring complex, large scale mission critical systems for international clients.
- On-site client visits, linked experience and expertise in working with international teams and clients is required.
- Proven capabilities in estimation, risk assessment and tracking of complex technical tasks and delivering on time and with quality.
- Excellent communication, leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.