Sysco Labs is a technology innovation center of Sysco Corporation, the world’s largest food service company. Sysco serves over 700,000 businesses in Europe and across the USA through its team of over 65,000 employees. Based in the Silicon Valley with engineering centers in Austin, Texas and Colombo, Sri Lanka, Sysco Labs is using technology to revolutionize the experience of all of Sysco’s customers across the food service process.
We are currently on the lookout for a Software Architect / Senior Software Architect to join our team.
What you will be responsible for
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into software design.
- Drive teams and ensure the overall integrity of the software design and validate it against the system architecture.
- Actively participate in business value assessment and business requirements elaboration phases.
- Actively participate in the design and development phases to ensure successful delivery of all Sysco Innovations projects.
- Monitor key results and generate metrics across the project portfolio.
- Build strong relationship across the Sysco hierarchy and mentor US and SL based team members; identify new opportunities to increase efficiencies and drive growth.
What you need to have to apply for this position
- A first degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- A minimum of ten years of work experience with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Extensive experience working with and providing solutions for US Fortune 500 clients with significant on-site experience; experience working with offshore teams will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in architecting and designing enterprise software systems and products.
- Experience in project estimation techniques, architecture and design patterns and performance engineering.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft-skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success.