Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Team Lead/Team Lead – Marketing to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Create and implement “best-in-class” marketing strategies.
- Strong writing skills to generate thought-leading content based on industry trends and topics.
- Manage all aspects of Sysco LABS social media platforms.
- Make campaigns top of mind, ensuring our content is seen by our target audience and act as an advisor to make recommendations on digital and social marketing strategies.
- Measure and create success metrics for social media efforts.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality of work and the process of continuous improvement, by being open and responsive to change.
- Perform work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment that requires meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Handle day-to-day responsibilities with minimal supervision; needs to be organized and self-sufficient; prioritizes and completes tasks to meet deadlines without supervision.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- 4+ years of experience in online and social media marketing; exposure to the IT industry will be a distinct advantage.
- A proven ability in developing and driving digital marketing strategies.
- A deep understanding of audience behavior in the online space.
- Proficiency with multiple Social Media platforms; graphic design experience a plus.
- Degree from a recognized foreign or local university is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience at a recognized local or international Marketing Agency will be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to follow-up on tasks and drive them through to completion.
- Attention to detail, multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Passion, initiative, and the hunger to succeed.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.