Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Lead – Data Engineering to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- The design and development oflarge data processing solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Work collaboratively with agile cross functional development teams and provide guidance for database design, query optimizations and database optimizations while adhering to DevOps principles.
- Design and develop capacity/scalability plans for fast growing data infrastructure.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions, and ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle – from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 5/6+ years ofexperience developing production enterprise applications, data integration solutions and in managing teams.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Hands on experience working with large volumes of data and distributed processing frameworks (preferably Apache Spark).
- Hands-on experience in design and development of ETLs to process large volumes of data.
- Hands-on experience in working with large relational databases (preferably MySql).
- In-depth understanding of the database design/optimization methodologies (OLAP/OLTP database design techniques, query plan analysis).
- In-depth understanding of the software engineering methodologies (UML/Design patterns).
- Experience in working with NoSql databases and bigdata (Hadoop, Elasticsearch, CouchDB, MongoDB) technologies will be an added advantage.
- Working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment and DevOps practices, as well as prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and softskills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.