Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in the marketing, selling and distribution of food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston, TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, and the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
At Sysco LABS, we have a dedicated UI/UX team who work closely with the US design team in designing and developing professional and polished user interfaces that power CAKE’s web and mobile applications using a structured, iterative approach to UI/UX design.
We are currently on the lookout for an UI / UX Engineer who can think creatively and has an artistic eye for design.
- Develop UIs to support all major browsers and implement UI standards.
- Analyze the user experience by evaluating the business requirements/designs and provide feedback to come up with optimal UX solutions.
- Work closely with members of Product and Design teams to translate concepts into prototypes and assist engineering teams with the final implementation.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar capacity.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong knowledge in UI frameworks.
- Solid knowledge of responsive layout development with cross browser support.
- Experience in working with CSS preprocessors.
- Ability to think creatively with artistic eye for design.
- An understanding of the latest design trends and their usages.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.