Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Sysco Corporation is a multi-cloud organization, and we are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Associate Architect / Architect – Cloud Services for our global Cloud Services team. As a member of Sysco’s Cloud Services team, you will participate in the architecture of AWS, GCP and Azure environments, bring in engineering best practices, lead change, and inspire teams towards delivery excellence at Sysco.
- Leverage cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Solution Architecture (infrastructure, applications, and data technologies).
- Act as SME for our multi-cloud and multi-OS infrastructure operations transformation process, creating architecture standards and processes for environment provisioning and deployment of applications.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to architect, design and develop secure, scalable, and highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Responsible for the evaluation of technical risks and mapping out mitigation strategies while exceling in well-architected framework designs and best practices in AWS, GCP and Azure to promote cloud native solutions to product engineering teams instead of lift and shift.
- Own and maintain Sysco’s cloud architecture review process and perform architecture reviews for cloud accounts and deployed products.
- Guide and mentor junior team members and always keep on the lookout for cloud related technologies/trends and improve our knowledge-base and engineering standards through documentation.
- Provide solutions to problems, handle migrations, and help teams troubleshoot any issues in a timely manner.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, AWS Systems Manager, Cloud Formation, and Kubernetes for cloud operation work on AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Establish standards and support the cloud infrastructure patch management process.
- Ensure the security and compliance of all Sysco’s infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations.
- Should have a successful track record in architecting, designing, implementing systems and infrastructure in a cloud computing environment including multi-cloud hybrid architectures.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent. MSc or relevant post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years of proven industry experience and 5+ years of experience in cloud engineering and operations.
- Advanced certifications in multiple cloud vendors with a solid understanding of their well architected frameworks and services.
- Solid understanding of different cloud environments and applications, including hybrid scenarios, optimizing cost/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing and validating database & DR scenarios, security, and compliance.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including conditional access policies, tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, federated authentication vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Deep understanding on networking, virtual networks, TCP/IP stacks, etc.
- Extensive experience in working with large complex products and knowledge on middle-tier applications including all web servers such as Apache, IIS, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, and Mem-cache will be an added advantage.
- Very good communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical outcomes and opinions while listening to multiple point of view.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities – able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives to operations and development teams.
- Previous experience in software development will be an added advantage.