Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for an Associate – Executive Operations to join our team.
- First point of contact for the Senior leader, including handling calls, making appointments etc.
- Moderate director board meetings.
- Correspond with U.S associates.
- Coordinate and arrange external and internal events for the Senior leader.
- Handle local and overseas personal travel arrangements.
- Manage the Senior Leader’s Electronic Diary.
- Maintain the current filing and database system.
- Compile reports and presentations.
- Handle Income Tax submissions.
- A Bachelor’s degree (fully or partially completed) from a recognized local or foreign university or an equivalent qualification will be an advantage
- 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Discretion and trustworthiness – you will often be party to confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An organized and highly detail-oriented personality.
- Capable of prioritizing work in a dynamic environment, whilst driving tasks through to completion.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Able to work extended hours on occasion.
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic; a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.