Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
At Sysco LABS, Agile is a part of the organizational fabric and permeates our culture at every level. As we’ve scaled in size, process implementation has become vital to our overall growth and we continue to implement change initiatives and evolving as an Agile organization.
We are currently on the lookout for an energetic Project Manager / Associate Project Manager who can drive teams with passion to increase efficiency and deliver tangible business benefits to join our team.
- Managing deliveries across multiple delivery teams.
- Leading scrum methodologies and process improvements.
- Identifying any roadblocks and risks with the team, and actively working to remove or eliminate both with escalation done as required.
- Liaising continuously with the product owner to ensure user stories are clearly defined, estimated and prioritized, and ensuring daily status is communicated to management and other stakeholders.
- Working with offshore business and technical teams to ensure strict quality standards are maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in Agile project management and expert knowledge in SCRUM; proven experience in a dynamic and fast-paced agile environment.
- Professional certifications such as PMP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of risk identification and mitigation.
- Business domain knowledge and a technical background will be highly advantageous.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills together with a commitment to all-round quality.