Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
At Sysco LABS, we take a holistic approach to Quality Engineering. Not limited to merely testing our products at the end of the development lifecycle, our quality engineering team engages in all stages of the development process.
We are currently on the lookout for an Associate Quality Engineering Lead to join our team.
- Lead efforts in defining test strategies, test planning and reviews.
- Build and maintain test automation frameworks.
- Review and contribute towards the development of automation scripts.
- Configure and maintain continuous integration.
- Overlook and manage test execution and communicate test statuses to stakeholders.
- Mentor, train, and lead a team of Quality Engineers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification, and 5+ years of industry experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in web / mobile test automation.
- Experience in implementing mobile test automation frameworks.
- Experience in test automation using open source tools such as Selenium and Appium.
- Expertise in testing mobile applications in various platforms including Android and iOS.
- Strong knowledge of software testing processes, practices and test design techniques.
- Strong knowledge in Java, OOP concepts and coding standards.
- Experience in working with continuous integration, build and source control tools such as Jenkins, Maven and GIT.
- Experience in testing middle tier and service-oriented architectures using tools such as Rest-Assured or SoapUI.
- A solid practical understanding of Agile Software Testing and Software Engineering concepts.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional certifications such as ISTQB, PMI-ACP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) would be an added advantage.
- Thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge.