Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
Software Engineering at Sysco LABS is driven by innovation and a strong proclivity towards engineering excellence, employing cutting-edge technology to design and build the technologies that are poised to change the face of the global foodservice industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a highly competent, self-motivated Associate Software Architect/Senior Tech Lead with a deep understanding of enterprise-grade engineering to collaborate with, lead, and inspire engineering teams within an Agile delivery environment at Sysco LABS.
- Design enterprise-grade systems that conform to high standards of engineering rigor, performance, scalability, stability and maintainability.
- Build technically strong, quality-oriented engineering teams who are committed to continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders in technical matters.
- Participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle to ensure that systems are designed, delivered, tested, deployed and maintained to high quality standards.
- Actively participate in the implementation process to ensure engineering rigor, correct implementation of requirements, and timely delivery.
- A degree in Computer Science or the equivalent from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- 8+ years of work experience with at least 4+ years in a leadership role.
- Proven capabilities in designing, developing, maintaining, troubleshooting and refactoring complex, large-scale, mission-critical systems for international clients.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS will be an added advantage.
- On-site client visits; linked experience and expertise in working with international teams and clients is required.
- Proven capabilities in estimation, risk assessment, and tracking of complex technical tasks, and delivering on time and with quality.
- Excellent communication, leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.