Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
- Design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in marketing and distributing food products.
- Implementing distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhering to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensuring high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle -from development, QA, deployment, to post-production support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications and in managing teams.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of Java Enterprise patterns, integration patterns, and enterprise engineering best practices.
- Experience writing test driven code for both server and client applications.
- Experience in working with middleware frameworks like J2EE/JEE and Spring or Play! Framework environments.
- Experience with multi-view, routed single page JS applications.
- Extensive experience in SQL, performance tuning of SQL, and RDBMS technologies.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers will be an added advantage.