Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Associate Technical Lead/ Technical Lead / Senior Technical Lead – Infrastructure (Linux/AIX) for our global Infrastructure Services team with a deep understanding of Linux/AIX Systems and patching as well as the willingness to learn and work in a Cloud First environment to collaborate, lead change, automate and inspire teams towards delivery excellence at Sysco.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to team members to meet project deadlines, and make sure project objectives are met.
- Actively coach, mentor and help engineers grow while collaborating with management to achieve team objectives.
- Drive the creation of infrastructure, environment provisioning, deployment and monitoring tools that will support, enhance, and grow an advanced infrastructure support model for Sysco’s data centers and multi-cloud environments.
- Act as SME for Linux/AIX based workloads, providing solutions to problems, handling migrations, and troubleshooting any issues in a timely manner.
- Preparation and delivery of monthly patch bundles for deployment across Sysco’s global estate while Working with Cyber Security to review and assess critical OS vulnerabilities.
- The automation and streamlining of patch delivery processes as well as the maintenance and support of the current Linux/AIX infrastructure.
- Coordinate patch schedules with other teams such as Security, Change Management, Incident Management and Engineering teams.
- Work with tools such as vSphere, Tanium for server support operations on Azure, AWS, GCP and Datacenters.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud and data centers to support scalability, high-availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restoring, etc.
- Improve our knowledge-base and engineering standards through documentation.
- Ensure the security of all Sysco’s infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations.
- Automation and scripting via Ansible, Python, Bash, Chef, Cloud Formation or Terraform.
- Monitor and proactively manage systems and application issues.
- Work on a roster covering 24×7 support to our end users.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Certifications in Linux/AIX Systems and 6+ years of proven experience as a Linux/AIX administrator.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar capacity for the Associate Tech Lead position, 7+ years for Tech Lead, and 9+ years of experience for the senior Tech Lead position.
- Very good technical leadership and project management skills.
- Hands-on experience in managing VMware, LDAP, NTP and Linux server hardening.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and experience in patching servers.
- Good inter-personal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- The ability to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Excellent knowledge on networking and containerization.
- Knowledge on middle-tier applications including all web servers such as Apache, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, and Mem-cache will be and added advantage.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities – able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives to operations and development teams.
- Certifications in the areas of Azure, GCP, AWS, VMware or Networking will be an added advantage.