Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are looking for a BI Specialist who can provide technical support in the development and maintenance of production environments for non-SAP Finance applications. You will design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new analytics models using Microsoft Tools, and related components, making recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery. You will also provide production support activities on finance applications built on the Microsoft SQL Server family of products.
- Provide production support activities on finance applications built on Microsoft SQL Server family of products.
- Provide functional and technical support to ensure weekly and monthly data loads from source systems to finance application are accurate and complete.
- Ensure the data in finance applications match with source systems and troubleshoot data variances.
- Work with initiative leads, product teams, technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business.
- Review and accept software and interface design and requirements.
- Refine and decompose requirements to the level of detail required to initiate development.
- Design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new analytics models using Microsoft Tools, and related components; make recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery.
- Perform unit testing of related components and document test results.
- Complete code reviews and documentation of issues identified and action items.
- Correct testing defects and support all testing, including but not limited to: Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in applications in finance analytics using Microsoft BI tools.
- Minimum 3-5 years of current and hands-on experience with complex SQL and high-volume relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning.
- Experience working in SQL Server Relational Engine (SQL), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS) and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in managing tasks, tracking progress on various workstreams, resource assignments, budget monitoring etc.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Experience working with both local and offshore teams.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, etc.