Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
Business Analysts at Sysco LABS work closely with leading experts in the industry to innovate business processes in foodservices by understanding customer needs and establishing new trends.
We are currently on the lookout for a Business Analyst to join our team who is proactive and have great relationship management skills. You will work with product and delivery teams to develop specifications and resolve issues, as well as analyze specifications and derive scenarios.
- Liaise with the onsite product teams to develop product specifications.
- Analyze specifications and derive scenarios.
- Coordinate approval processes.
- Proactively resolve open issues and work with the delivery teams to address key defects.
- Act as the conduit between the product and delivery teams to ensure high-level requirements are translated into the level of detail required.
- Manage functional test suites.
- Coordinate in-house training and product demos.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Management, Economics or Finance; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Ability to interface with onsite staff and function as the single point of contact for requirements.
- A passion for innovative product design and the ability to foresee business trends.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written and spoken English.
- Curiosity and the ability to acquire domain and technical knowledge rapidly.
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills.