Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
As the Change Manager, you will be a part of the Sysco Incident and Change management team based in Sri Lanka and be responsible for managing IT change and the release management process. Your role will also require you to work with the IT change management team in the US.
- Ensuring that a proper change/release management process is being followed at Sysco across all service owners. A comprehensive understanding of Change Management policies, procedures, tools and audit controls are a must.
- Analysing the changes to IT services and evaluating its impact.
- Owning and managing the Change Calendar and notifying relevant parties.
- Facilitating the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings by planning, reviewing, approving and conducting post CAB follow-ups for changes where applicable.
- Building and maintaining an intermediate level of understanding of the industry, business, internal processes and products, and applying this knowledge to the change management process to determine optimizations and make recommendations.
- Working with the Site Reliability Engineering team to modernize the ITIL change management process to facilitate service owners and deliver new changes to production using a lightweight change management process.
- Monitoring metrics and driving continuous infrastructure and application improvement efforts across teams to achieve SLA & KPI for Change Management.
- Producing management reports on IT changes such as daily changes, change incidents, etc.
- Following-up and reporting on non-compliant CRs while adhering to company CM policies and procedures.
- Working with service owners to reduce the number of emergency changes and change incidents.
- Supporting all internal and external Change Management audits and examinations.
- Educating service owners, monitoring compliance, and continually assessing and improving the enterprise-wide Change Management process while taking into consideration the internal and external audit requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Support, specializing in upgrades, release management (including reviewing Change Requests for authorization, facilitating CAB meetings, producing Change Management metrics and KPIs, etc.).
- 2+ years in the capacity of Change Management.
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- High level technical understanding of IT services and their components such as servers, networks, database/middleware, data center facilities, and the software development lifecycle.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Superior English language and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to direct cross-functional resources through IT Change management processes in compliance with Sysco’s change management processes.
- ITIL Certifications or any other change management certifications will be an added advantage.
- Technical knowledge and experience working with:
- Windows/Linux environments
- SQL, Active Directory, Scripting, etc.
- Network knowledge, including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing
- Monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic, DataDog, Nagios and Splunk