Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
- Guide the team in developing the employer branding strategy and positioning
- Drive the content creation efforts, and ensure quality and strategic alignment.
- Provide Creative Leadership for the team, training them and uplifting their work.
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines, and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion
- Create and implement a “best-in-class” content marketing strategy
- Review existing content strategies and support the development of an updated content strategy that will position us as an employer of choice including content calendar, distribution channels and reporting metrics
- Make campaigns top of mind, ensuring our content is seen by our target audience and acts as an advisor to make recommendations on digital and social marketing strategies
- Strong writing skills to generate thought-leading content based on industry trends and topics
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future
- Perform work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment that requires meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Be a great writer with good visual design skills or…
- A great visual designer with good writing skills.
- Have proven experience leading in a creative field. (Tech experience is a plus.)
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, graphic design, brand development and the creative process; exposure to the IT industry will be a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience as a creative director or in a similar creative role
- Outstanding leadership and organization skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities.
- BSc/BA in advertising, fine art, design or relevant field; MSc/MA will be considered an asset.
- A proven ability in developing and driving digital marketing strategies.
- Prior experience at a recognized local or international advertising agency will be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to follow-up on tasks and drive through to completion.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.