Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are looking for Customer Support Associate to join the Operations team at Sysco LABS to provide customer support for CAKE – our restaurant Point of Sales (POS) solution.
The Customer Support Associate will provide superior customer support to CAKE restaurants and guests by answering and resolving inbound requests via phone, email, and other means. The Customer Support Associate will assist in developing procedural documentation and be accountable for adhering to CAKE’s standards and service level agreements.
- Provide excellent service and support to CAKE’s Restaurants and Diners.
- Properly document all incoming requests and proactive outbound contacts using internal tracking systems.
- Work with Customer Support Team to document and standardize Problem Determination Procedures (PDP).
- Properly triage requests and handle first-level customer requests, complaints, billing issues, and selectively escalate appropriate requests to Application Support Engineering, Product Management, Finance, and/or Operations Management.
- Assist in training and coaching new and existing team members on customer service skills, CAKE products, internal systems, and other concepts as required.
- Maintain personal accountability for customer satisfaction survey results as well as share responsibility for Customer Support Team’s overall customer satisfaction levels as well as adherence to CAKE policies and service level agreements.
- Provide relevant feedback to sales, operations, product management, etc. on situations and concepts affecting CAKE’s customers.
- Answer billing questions and work with customers on billing issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Customer Support Representative will have demonstrated bias toward customer service but an operational understanding of CAKE’s responsibility to its customers. S/He will also have experience in directly supporting customers in a phone/web-based environment.
- 1+ years customer service experience in a call-center environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a degree.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior problem solving and deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong ability to document troubleshooting and solutions materials.
- Ability to follow and conceptualize innovative customer support processes.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in an unstructured start-up environment.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts including mornings, weekends and nights.
Preferred Skills – considered as added advantage
- A background in hospitality (restaurants, hotels, or retail) in front-of-house operations.
- Knowledge of Point-of-Sale (POS) systems or other hospitality/retail technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network devices and ISP services.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.