“Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.”
We are currently on the lookout for Senior Data Engineers / Data Engineers to join our team. You will provide support for homegrown Microsoft BI/Finance applications and work with leads teams across the organization to deliver value to the business. You will complete code reviews for ETL and related components and deliver them as specified in the design.
- Provide support for current data flows into Finance applications such as SAP BPC and SMI (homegrown Microsoft BI application) and others as necessary.
- Work with initiative leads, product teams, technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business.
- Review and accept software and interface design and requirements.
- Deliver ETL and related components as specified in the design for both functional and non-functional requirements, within established budget, time, and quality standards.
- Design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new ETLs, and related components; make recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery.
- Perform unit testing of ETLs and related components and document test results.
- Complete code reviews for ETLs and related components, and complete documentation of issues identified and action items.
- Correct testing defects and support all testing, including but not limited to: Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Perform troubleshooting on ETLs and related components.
- Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated ETL-related problems, proactively and as issues surface.
- Provide configuration and support for Informatica PowerCenter base system including installation, upgrades, performance tuning, etc.
- Perform code version control activities.
- Degree from a recognized foreign or local university in the engineering streams.
- 3 years minimum experience in Informatica PowerCenter.
- 3+ years of experience in the IT industry with relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- Strong experience in Informatica Scheduler/any third-party scheduler.
- Basic understanding of Informatica administrative activities.
- Experience working with large data sets, analysing huge volumes of data.
- Strong experience connecting multiple and diverse source systems and different database technologies.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- SQL Server, Oracle, Unix, Strong SQL knowledge.
- Strong understanding in any of the Data Modelling tools & ETL tools.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Experience with Finance projects would be an added advantage.