Sysco Labs is a technology innovation center of Sysco Corporation, the world’s largest food service company. Sysco serves over 700,000 businesses in Europe and across the USA through its team of over 65,000 employees. Based in the Silicon Valley with engineering centers in Austin, Texas and Colombo, Sri Lanka, Sysco Labs is using technology to revolutionize the experience of all of Sysco’s customers across the food service process.
The primary focus of this role is to conduct advanced analytics with big data to get insights for executives, marketing, corporate multi-unit sales, field sales and digital teams. The analysis performed by this role will be critical in setting the priorities for the overall strategic and marketing plan for Sysco corporation at a corporate, field and customer level.
What you will be responsible for:
- Build predictive analytics models with Python to generate actionable insights at the level of individual customers, such as cross-sell opportunities and churn prediction.
- Support the development of a personalized customer engagement engine to generate customer insights for various teams, such as field sales, e-commerce and direct-to-customer communication.
- Work with technology teams on data integration to build the customer data-mart, which is the foundation of data-driven and customer-centric marketing initiatives.
- Identify and derive insights regarding customer behaviors and preferences across various sales and marketing channels to inform the customer data-mart.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive business results through various use cases of customer-level insights.
- Support the launch of a customer loyalty program with relevant customer insights to drive the right customer behavior and customer loyalty.
- Create data linked presentations related to customer insights across various business units.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics or other associated disciplines with interdisciplinary research experience from a top tier educational institution is required; preferably with a PhD in the relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience with top-tier market research firm, management consulting firm, or a comparable role in a corporate setting.
- Extensive predictive analytics experience with Python.
- Familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g. SAS and R).
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Must be able to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively with little oversight or direction.
- Be able to perform quantitative analysis using appropriate analytical tools.
- Experience with data visualization tools, and the ability to represent data and analysis for presentation purposes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to distill complex ideas and approaches to their essence and present them in a simplified, yet compelling manner.
- Methodical, hands-on, resourceful, and a detail-oriented approach to problem solving and analytical research.
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively drive results and improve productivity.
- Data-oriented personality.
- Willingness to travel to multiple locations in the US at short notice.
Why you should join Sysco Labs:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.