Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Database Administrator for our Database Administration team with a deep understanding of Relational Database Management, Linux OS, and Cloud infrastructure to collaborate, support, and inspire teams to achieve delivery excellence at Sysco LABS.
- Oversee the overall administration of our data infrastructure.
- Implement HA solutions and define Backup/Recovery strategies.
- Database performance tuning.
- Capacity planning and scaling database environments.
- Production support.
- Project Delivery.
- Define and document standards and guidelines.
- Support problem resolution; consult and advise in application design and tuning; plan, organize and execute product benchmarks for threshold and functionality.
- Provide data administration support for the development and maintenance of production and non-production database environments for distributed applications.
- Participate in product evaluations, design review sessions, data requirement meetings and consult with product development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field.
- 2+ years of database administration.
- Thorough knowledge in working in a Linux environment.
- Conversant with SQL and shell scripting.
- Experience developing database security standards and best practices.
- Prior experience working with Amazon AWS environments will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience working with NoSql databases (CouchDB, elasticsearch, MongoDB) will be an added advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above industry standards.
- The opportunity to work with a high caliber engineering team, and exposure to good engineering rigor.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities for good performers.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization, and build a successful career.
- Technical and soft-skills development programs, and team building initiatives.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.