Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Director – Enterprise Architecture to join our team.
- Define and establish the governance of Enterprise Architecture principles, methods, techniques and standards in information technology at Sysco LABS.
- Engineering management: Define career ladders, roles and title tracks, mentor and groom mid-senior level engineers, and define standards and policies for engineering practices.
- Systems architecture, systems design, implementation and ongoing administration, including translating business needs into Enterprise Application requirements.
- Integration patterns and techniques including RESTful web services, Microservices, SaaS solutions Identifying and evaluating platforms and technologies (on-prem/cloud) to solve enterprise solutions.
- Enhancing agile delivery methods and techniques at Sysco LABS.
- Perform Build vs. Buy decisions.
- Vendor evaluations, and Roadmap evaluation.
- Give technical leadership to Sysco LABS R&D initiatives.
- A degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- 12+ years of overall work experience in an enterprise setting or serving large enterprise clients.
- 3+ years of leadership responsibility in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Proven hands-on capabilities in designing, developing, maintaining, troubleshooting and refactoring complex, large scale mission critical systems for international clients.
- On-site client visits linked experience and expertise in working with international teams and clients is required.
- Proven capabilities in estimation, risk assessment and tracking of complex technical tasks and delivering on time and with quality.
- Excellent communication, leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.
- Experience in Advance Web Application Security, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Visualization, Data Governance, Master Data Management etc. will be an added advantage.