Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, and the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior DevOps Engineer / DevOps Engineer to join our team. Your responsibilities will include managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems, coaching development teams in DevOps practices while working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Researching, evaluating and recommending DevOps tools in multiple technologies for multiple development teams.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Executing the build, release and configuration management of production systems that need to be supported 24* 7 up-time.
- Ensuring critical system security using the best in class cloud security solutions.
- Coaching development teams in DevOps practices and guiding the team to implement effective DevOps.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Being involved in projects throughout their full software life-cycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- A strong knowledge on AWS cloud computing and AWS DevOps tools.
- Strong knowledge in fundamental DevOps tools such as AWS DevOps tools, Terraform, Jenkins, GoCD, GitHub, Nagios, Chef etc.
- Strong knowledge on containerization of software packages using solutions such as Dockerization, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, etc.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting DevOps tools in production systems.
- Adherence to engineering standards, best practices – be process oriented.
- Strong communication skills – reading & comprehending documents/specifications, producing clear and thorough documentation, ability to discuss and explain technical issues during meetings.