Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Director of ITSM to join our team.
- Leading an operations organization that will maintain production system health for multiple mission-critical products used by over half a million users across the United States.
- Devising highly accurate, real-time systems for continuously monitoring, reporting and alerting various system health metrics on hundreds of microservices, databases and other components.
- Building and leading a technically strong, highly responsive ITSM & support team who can provide tech support for over half a million users.
- Actively participating and making recommendations in the technical decision-making processes to ensure that systems meet production stability, operability and performance needs.
- Implementing, maintaining and improving cloud infrastructure to run applications that deal with billions of dollars and terabytes of data each year.
- Leading communications with all stakeholders in global operations and ITSM matters.
- A degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- 10+ years of work experience with at least 6+ years in a senior leadership role.
- Proven capabilities in deploying and maintaining complex, large-scale mission critical systems for international clients.
- On-site client visits, linked experience and expertise in working with international teams and clients is required.
- Proven capabilities in managing a support organization that can maintain strict SLAs, SLO and rapidly respond to production incidents.
- Excellent communication, leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate operational solutions.