Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Engineer – Cloud Services for our Cloud Services team with a deep understanding of AWS Cloud, DevOps and Automation to collaborate, lead change, and inspire teams towards delivery excellence within a DevOps environment at Sysco LABS.
- Drive the building of continuous delivery/deployment pipelines including infrastructure and environment provisioning, and deployment and monitoring tools that will support, enhance, and grow an advanced DevOps model for Sysco LABS.
- Work with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate and maintain secure, auto-scalable, highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, AWS Systems Manager, Cloud Formation, and Kubernetes for cloud operation work on AWS and GCP.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high-availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restoring, patching, etc.
- Design and develop web applications (Cloud tools) to manage and automate infrastructure creation and maintenance, ensuring high code quality and software engineering practices.
- Improve our knowledge-base and provide thought leadership in deployment automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring, automated scaling, and building reliable services.
- Ensure the security of all Sysco LABS’ cloud infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations.
- Automation and scripting via Powershell, Python, Ansible, Bash, Chef or Terraform.
- Monitor and proactively manage systems and application issues.
- Work on a roster covering 24×7 support to our end users.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- A good understanding of continuous delivery and release management concepts.
- Excellent knowledge and technical troubleshooting skills on Linux.
- The ability to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash and Perl.
- Excellent knowledge on networking.
- Knowledge on middle-tier applications including all web servers such as Nginx, Rabbit, Redis, and Mem-cache.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities – able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives, to operations and development teams.
- A solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, EC2, IAM, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and others.
- Certifications in the areas of Azure, GCP, AWS, Linux or Networking.