Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Engineer – Cloud Services for our Cloud Services team with a deep understanding of AWS Cloud, DevOps and Automation to collaborate, lead change, and inspire teams towards delivery excellence within a DevOps environment at Sysco LABS.
- Drive the building of continuous delivery/deployment pipelines including infrastructure and environment provisioning, and deployment and monitoring tools that will support, enhance, and grow an advanced DevOps model for Sysco LABS.
- Work with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate and maintain secure, auto-scalable, highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Chef, AWS OpsWork, Cloud Formation, and Beanstalk for DevOps operations on AWS.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high-availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restoring, etc.
- Improve our knowledge-base and provide thought leadership in deployment automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring, automated scaling, and building reliable services.
- Ensure the security of all Sysco LABS’ cloud infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations.
- Automation and scripting via Powershell, Python, Ansible, Bash, Chef or Terraform.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- A good understanding of continuous delivery and release management concepts.
- Excellent knowledge and technical troubleshooting skills on Linux.
- The ability to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash and Perl.
- Excellent knowledge on networking.
- Knowledge on middle-tier applications including all web servers such as Nginx, Rabbit, Redis, and Mem-cache.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities – able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives, to operations and development teams.
- A solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, EC2, IAM, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and others.
- Certifications in the areas of AWS, Linux or Networking will be an added advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse, and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.