Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Sysco Corporation is a multi-cloud organization, and we are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Engineer/Senior Engineer – Cloud Services for our Cloud Services team. As a member of Sysco’s Cloud Services team, you will be managing AWS, GCP and Azure environments and collaborating, leading changes, automating, and inspiring teams towards delivery excellence at Sysco.
- Support our multi-cloud infrastructure operations transformation process by implementing tools and processes for the creation of infrastructure, environment provisioning, deployment, and proactive monitoring.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate, and maintain secure, scalable, and highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Use engineering best practices to design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies to support our cloud operations including scalability, high-availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restoring, etc.
- Act as a SME for Linux or Windows based workloads, providing solutions to problems, handling migrations, and troubleshooting any issues in a timely manner.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, AWS Systems Manager, Cloud Formation, and Kubernetes for cloud operation work on AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Support cloud infrastructure patch management and coordinate patch schedules with other teams such as Security, Change management, Incident management and Dev teams.
- Improve our knowledgebase and engineering standards through documentation.
- Ensure the security and compliance of all Sysco’s infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations.
- Automation and scripting via Ansible, Python, Bash, Cloud Formation or Terraform.
- Monitor and proactively manage systems and application issues and be part of a roster covering 24×7 providing infrastructure support to product engineering teams.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Certifications on one or many of the leading cloud vendors including Google cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure, along with a solid understanding of their services.
- Sound understanding of different cloud environments, including hybrid scenarios, optimizing cost/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing, and validating database & DR scenarios, security, and compliance.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar capacity for the Engineer – Cloud Services position and 3+ years of experience for the Senior Engineer – Cloud Services position.
- Certifications on Linux or Windows based Systems and 1 to 3 years of proven experience as a Linux or Windows administrator.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- A good understanding of scripting languages such as Ansible, Python, Bash and PowerShell.
- Excellent knowledge on networking and containerization.
- Knowledge on middle-tier applications including all web servers such as Apache, IIS, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, and Mem-cache will be an added advantage.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities with the ability to convey risk to all levels of the business – from executives to operations and development teams.
- Certifications in the areas of Windows, Linux, or Networking will be an added advantage.