Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for an Escalation Engineer to join the Production Support team at Sysco LABS. You will aid the customer support team located in the U.S with technical queries, and proactively engage and coordinate with our internal stakeholders by helping them resolve technical issues, ensuring that a high quality of support is provided at all times.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Identifying, researching and resolving complex application, network, platform and cloud-based issues.
- Ensuring that merchant systems are fully operational, and that any loss of service is restored in a timely manner by acting as a proxy between Operations and Engineering teams.
- Performing root cause analysis on application and hardware related issues.
- Providing temporary solutions in order to manage individual incidents.
- Prioritizing permanent application fixes based on severity and operational impact.
- A degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 2+ years related experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Experience in Application Support will be a key advantage.
- Knowledge and experience on the UNIX platform (Linux); network troubleshooting is a key advantage.
- Knowledge of MySQL; the ability to write and execute queries and understand database principles will be a key advantage.
- Previous experience handling escalations via Salesforce and JIRA will be an added advantage.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills who can handle pressure situations.