Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a dynamic individual to join our team as an Executive Coordinator. You will be a part of the administrative team at Sysco LABS, and a key contributor in the smooth running of several core aspects of the company. You will liaise and negotiate with vendors, field all incoming enquiries and requests, coordinate meetings, and take initiative towards brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them as appropriate.
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring Leads are well prepared for meetings
- Dealing with incoming email and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Lead.
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors with internal /external stake holders.
- A Bachelor’s degree (fully or partially completed) from a recognized local or foreign university or equivalent qualification will be an advantage.
- Discretion and trustworthiness; you will often be party to confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An organized and highly detail-oriented personality.
- Capable of prioritizing work in a dynamic environment, whilst driving tasks through to completion.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Able to work extended hours on occasion
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic; can-do attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.